Monday, March 19, 2012

Spotlight on... Christina Walter

This is the next installment in a series of blog posts to help you get acquainted with some of the people who work in the library.  Today we introduce you to one of our student workers.


What is your name? Christina M. Walter

What is your major?  Secondary Education English

What do you do in the library?  I am a work study student for the Reference Unit of the library.  I take care of the Reference Collection, making sure that the books are all shelved as well as adding new editions and taking away the older editions.  I also help shelf read the Curriculum and Juvenile section, making sure that the books are in order.  I check the library’s databases to make sure that people can get into them and search them properly, and I take care of any tasks that the reference librarians need done.

What do you enjoy most about your job? The thing I enjoy most about my job is the atmosphere.  Before this job I worked at a very loud and busy restaurant which felt very chaotic, especially since I had worked there while attending school; so the peacefulness of the library I can really appreciate.

What’s the best class you’ve taken at BU? So far my favorite class would have to be, Studies in American Literature, which I am currently taking this semester with Dr. Entzminger.

What else do you want people to know about you?  I really like my job at the library working as a work study student and the people I get to work with.  Also getting to see a lot of interesting books I might have never came across if it was not for working at the library!



No comments: