Monday, November 18, 2013

Spotlight on... Balal Abouelenein

This is the next installment in a series of blog posts to help you get acquainted with some of the people who work in the library. Today we introduce you to one of our student workers.




What is your name? Balal Abouelenein “B”

What is your major? Undeclared, in pursuit of a degree in Digital Forensics as well as an Arabic major when it becomes available.

What do you do in the library? I am the building consultant for the library.  I provide technical support to faculty, staff, and students who use the library computers.

What do you enjoy most about your job? I like everything about my job. I enjoy fixing computers, troubleshooting all new challenges and problems as well as the old. However what I enjoy the most is helping people. For example, students will open an attached file, work on it for hours as it is due that day, then they click save without changing the save location. He or she then closes the paper and is unable to find it and feels it is lost. They then come to me in a panic, hoping I can find it. I then recover it and save it for them and you can just see the relief wash over them.

What’s the best class you’ve taken at BU? I’m only a sophomore and haven’t taken that many classes yet but so far, throughout my college career, Arabic class with Professor Yahya Laayouni has been my favorite class. Learning about languages and cultures and just other people in general is a great life experience and it makes us better well-rounded people.

What else do you want people to know about you? I am CompTIA A+ certified to fix computers. I want to work for a government agency after I graduate and catch bad guys.

Quote: “You can’t just jump to the top of the ladder. You have to take it one step at a time; otherwise you might trip and fall.”

No comments: