Monday, February 20, 2012

Spotlight on... Brianna Vento

This is the next installment in a series of blog posts to help you get acquainted with some of the people who work in the library.  Today we introduce you to one of our student workers



What is your name?  Brianna Vento

What is your major?  Communication Studies

What do you do in the library?  I work in the Interlibrary Loan Department. I get books and journals from the library stacks. I proceed to package and ship the books, along with scanning some of them. I also open the mail, which usually consists of books being either returned or loaned to the university.

What do you enjoy most about your job?  I love how conveniently located my job is. Rather than traveling somewhere to work, the library is right on campus. If I have an hour break between my classes, it’s nice to just walk to the library. I also love having some time to myself. While scanning and getting books off the library stacks, I’m usually alone. Thus, it is nice to gather my thoughts, relax, and just have some time for myself. The money is always nice too!

What’s the best class you’ve taken at BU?  My favorite class so far at Bloomsburg University would be Conflict Management taught by Dr. La Valley.

What else do you want people to know about you?  I love sports! I consider myself to be very athletic, friendly, and fun!

No comments: