Monday, September 17, 2012

Spotlight on... Miranda Bailey

This is the next installment in a series of blog posts to help you get acquainted with some of the people who work in the library.  Today we introduce you to someone you might have seen if you're a night owl.








What is your name?  Miranda Bailey

What is your title? Evening Library Supervisor

What kinds of things are you responsible for in the library?  Putting material on Reserves for professors and assisting with interlibrary loan by ordering books for patrons. I also do the calendar and the electronic signage. 

How did you come to work in the library? I started out as a student worker, working as a  lab consultant, lab technician, then Building Consultant for the library.  I was about ready to graduate from Bloomsburg and there was a job opening for a Library Assistant 1 on night shift.  I got the job then less than two years later I became the evening supervisor.

What do you enjoy most about your job? Helping the students 

What else (if anything) do you want people to know about you? I’m a Storm Spotter for the National Weather Service.  I really enjoy music; I play the flute and the piccolo. I’m more of a computer geek than an avid reader.

How can people get in touch with you?  Email: mbailey@bloomu.edu. Phone: 389-4222.  Room:  AL 119
 

No comments: