Monday, February 18, 2013

Spotlight on... Aislinn Murphy

This is the next installment in a series of blog posts to help you get acquainted with some of the people who work in the library. Today we introduce you to one of our student workers.

  

What is your name?  Aislinn Murphy

What is your major?  Secondary Education & English

What do you do in the library?  Shelf reading for the Juvenile and Curriculum Collections, which means checking to make sure the books are in the right order on the shelves so people can find them

What do you enjoy most about your job?  I love working among the library collections. Working in the Juvenile and Curriculum Collections is giving me the ability to see what resources are available to me as a future English teacher and I am able to share my knowledge and experience with others in my field.

What’s the best class you’ve taken at BU?   The best class I have ever taken was Classroom Measurement and Assessment with Dr. Supon in the Educational Studies department. Our class totaled about 10 students and we became very close and constructive of each other. Dr. Supon made me really work for everything in that class and I feel like that is what makes a good professor; someone that makes you work, learn, and grow not only as a student, but as a future professional. Her class and her teaching really made me think about what I wish to do in my future classroom.

What else do you want people to know about you?   I love to travel and explore other cultures. The world is full of such wonderful, rich, and interesting people and cultures. I think that learning about others, their traditions and ways of doing things will help me to grow as a person, a professional, and as a future teacher.

No comments: