Monday, September 30, 2013

Spotlight on... Linda Lapp

This is the next installment in a series of blog posts to help you get acquainted with some of the people who work in the library.  Today we introduce you to a person you've probably seen before.

What is your name?  Linda Lapp

What is your title?   Stacks Maintenance Supervisor

What kinds of things are you responsible for in the library?   I am responsible for the stacks [library term for shelves] upstairs to make sure things are shelved properly and in a timely manner.  I oversee shifting projects, shelf reading assignments.  Main duty is assisting patrons at the Circulation Desk.

How did you come to work in the library?  I started at the University in 1999 in Development.  In 2003, I came to the library.  I wanted to work more closely with students and I enjoy helping them excel at BU.

What do you enjoy most about your job?  I love to read and I am a voracious reader.  I enjoy seeing what the students are reading and/or researching.  I enjoy the interaction with our students and the energy they bring to the library.  The relationships that are developed are very enriching.

What else do you want people to know about you?  I love to make people laugh.  We need to have more humor in our lives since the times we live in are somewhat trying.

How can people get in touch with you? 
email: llapp@bloomu.edu; phone: 570-389-5166

No comments: