Monday, October 15, 2012

Spotlight on... Jazmin Carrasco

This is the next installment in a series of blog posts to help you get acquainted with some of the people who work in the library. Today we introduce you to one of our student workers.




What is your name?  Jazmin Carrasco

What is your major? Accounting

What do you do in the library?  I work at the Archives office on the third floor where I help identify, organize, file, and preserve historical documents and photographs. I also select and scan photographs upon request and prepare Finding Aids that are then added to the University Archives website

What do you enjoy most about your job?  I really enjoy that I am able to learn something new about the university and about the Town of Bloomsburg on a daily basis. I also love being able to view really old and interesting photographs while I work. This proves that you really can learn something new every day!

What’s the best class you’ve taken at BU? My favorite class at BU so far was Managerial Accounting with Dr. Nancy Coulmas.

What else do you want people to know about you?  Besides working at the library, I am also a member of the Alpha Sigma Tau national sorority on campus and I volunteer at the BU Women's Resource Center. I truly love being involved on campus.



No comments: